Yesterday was another very mild day. Mild enough for this large bee to be out and about, checking out all my glasshouse seedlings. Anyway, ar aon nós, she had wandered into the glasshouse and for a short while was unable to locate the emergency exits.
At the time I was checking last year’s geraniums for water and greenfly when I noticed her, silently resting against the frame. Her, not me.
The geranium needed water added and whitefly removed. Happy again now. I moved two of the large geranium pots outdoors but I’ll need to be alert to low night temperatures for another 6-8 weeks or thereabouts. They will grow better outside in a sunny spot, and I’ll put them back inside if necessary.
The story had a happy ending when the bee buzzed off somewhere else.